At Tenaya at Yosemite we care about the planet. Our proprietary stewardship program, GreenPath®, helps ensure we focus intently on corporate social responsibility, carefully manage our environmental impact, and positively contribute to the communities we serve. Through GreenPath, Tenaya is working to care for the only planet we have.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENTS
- Reduce our carbon footprint and promote climate-friendly programs
- Reduce energy use and increase clean energy sources
- Responsibly source ingredients, products, and services
- Partner with local organizations to give back to our community
- Provide opportunities to raise awareness and inspire a connection with nature
- Operate at zero waste
- Conserve water and protect water resources
- Comply with environmental requirements to protect the environment
SUSTAINABILITY IN ACTION
While you enjoy your stay with us, learn how we help protect the natural resources at this exceptional location just two miles from Yosemite National Park.
- Traveling with an electric vehicle? Recharge while staying with us. To promote clean transportation, we offer eight Tesla Superchargers and one universal electrical vehicle charging station.
- Request Cabin #41 for a unique eco-stay. Its solar panels generate enough renewable energy to take this cabin completely off the grid — now that’s star power.
- Our gift shop offers a variety of beautiful, locally made, eco-friendly products. Grab a reusable water bottle for your trip into Yosemite to refill and stay hydrated.
- Our executive chef and culinary team serve delicious, fresh, and healthy food with a focus on sustainable ingredients. Enjoy fair-trade coffee, cage-free eggs, and a variety of vegan and vegetarian options – just ask your server for details.
- We give back locally by planting trees, hosting Earth Day events, and donating goods and services to regional schools and charitable organizations.
- Hike or tour with us! Our expert guides take you on a fun adventure, sharing rich stories about Yosemite’s ecology and history. Contact the front desk for information.
- We focus on zero-waste practices throughout Tenaya at Yosemite, offering reusable bags and refillable water bottles, recovering materials for recycling and reuse, composting food scraps, and using compostable single-use packaging. Even our RFID key cards are made of sustainable bamboo. Look for many convenient recycling collection bins throughout the property.
- Net Zero Water is achieved through the use of low flow fixtures and equipment, plus a variety of conservation programs implemented by our facility team. Tenaya at Yosemite operates an on-site water and wastewater treatment plant which is chlorine-free and produces recycled water for landscaping irrigation. Remarkably, 95% of water from the system is captured, treated, and reintroduced into the water shed.
- Our Energy Star-rated equipment and LED technology improves energy efficiency and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
RECOGNITION OF ACHIEVEMENTS
We are proud of the environmental achievements we’ve made in our commitment to sustainability.
- Double LEED Silver certification for the expansion of the banquet, event, meeting spaces, destination spa, and offices.
- LEED Silver certification for the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Green Key 5-Key rating, the highest level possible.
You can help!
We use low-flow fixtures and efficient equipment to conserve water throughout the resort. Please turn off faucets when not in use, report water leaks to the front desk, take the 5-minute shower challenge, and participate in our linen reuse program. In our restaurants, we only serve water upon request.